Monday, April 9, 2012

3 SECONDS (THE POWER OF THINKING TWICE)



WHY ARE YOU SO EMOTIONAL???

CONTROLLING YOUR EMOTIONS CAN SAVE LIVES.








I have come to realise and appreciate the importance of preachers like Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer. I have seen families literally fall apart and relationships severed because of people saying or doing things, they did not think through thoroughly. Sometimes we take certain decisions because we are or have been hurt and only realise afterwards that we did not really mean what we did or said but by then, we may have caused untold harm to those we love and care about.

The power of unintentional outbursts and declarations cannot be under-emphasised. This sometimes happen when there are hidden roots which have not really been addressed and have been nurtured, deep down in our subconscious. For example, a mother may be so frustrated with her daughter's attitude that one day she may say that "I regret giving birth to you". Subsequently, she may realise that she did not really mean what she said but by then, the good old devil may have taken advantage of her daughter's dejected state and play the scene over and over in her head till she develops resentment or bitterness or hatred for her mother, ALL BECAUSE THE MOTHER DID NOT TAKE TIME TO THINK TWICE OF WHAT SHE WAS GOING TO SAY. 

I believe we have all in one way or the other, been offended by some harsh words which people we love, have said to us. Sometimes we ourselves may have been the cause of the hurt and grief of others. It happens everyday and everywhere and whether we are the ones offended or being offended, let us resolve to be more cautious of what we let out of our mouths. IN OTHER WORDS, THINK TWICE. 


PAUSE AND THINK ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS BEFORE YOU ACT.

One offended person is more than one unhappy person. If I am unhappy, it affects everybody around me. It affects how I begin to relate to my family and friends. It affects my relationship with God too. It changes the way I should think and behave towards other's but at that moment, all my thoughts are about myself and how to lift up my spirit again. It decreases my productivity and efficiency. 


DO NOT LET YOUR EMOTIONS CAUSE YOU TO SIN. BE A MASTER OF YOUR EMOTIONS. DO NOT REACT ON IMPULSE. DO NOT MAKE PROMISES BECAUSE YOU ARE EXCITED AND IN A GOOD MOOD. DO NOT CURSE AND DESTROY SOMEBODY JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE ANGRY AT SOMETHING HE DID WHICH CAN BE FIXED. BE ANGRY, BUT DO NOT SIN.


BECOMING A MASTER OF YOUR EMOTIONS, IS A SIGN OF GENUINE MATURITY.

Cyb3r.

No comments:

Post a Comment