Wednesday, March 30, 2016

DAY 2. 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT BUY THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S7


features of the Samsung Galaxy S5 at a glance
Today, I continue to show you why you must not buy the Samsung Galaxy S7. At least, not yet. Especially, if you previously purchased the Samsung Galaxy S5.

I received so much feedback from the first of this series with people telling me how grateful they are to me for showing them a timeless secret in Tech and trending fashions.

So without further ado, lets head straight into the second reason/

2. INNOVATION

The Samsung Galaxy S7 is essentially, the Samsung Galaxy S5 with a faster processer and a different kind of material on the outside!

Samsung is trying to appeal to you to purchase the Samsung Galaxy S7, or upgrade from the Samsung Galaxy S6, with the following key points.

1. Water resistance, Champagne resistance (See lil wayne picture below).

source: cnbc.com



Seriously? How many of us buy phones with the intention of pouring Champagne on it? I mean come oooooooooooooon! WHO DOES THAT???? 

Basically, What Samsung is telling you is that dish out $800 or 3,200 Ghana cedis so that you can buy a phone which, technically, allows you to pour champagne on it, though for the fear of throwing your money away, you are never going to do so!

Well well. 

What makes this even more pathetic, as a marketing ploy, is the fact that THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 HAS. THE SAME WATER AND DUST RESISTANCE CAPABILITIES.

The argument here is that, in moving from the S5 to the S6, Samsung intentionally decided to remove the water resistance feature from the S6, so that they can reintroduce it in the S7, as if it is some amazing innovation, and a justification for you to buy the S7. 

I would like to point out to those people like Kobby Spiky Nkrumah and other Samsung die-hard fans who would most likely criticise this article by stressing on the increase in processer power and increase in RAM from 2GB in the S5 to 3GB on the S6 and possible 4GB of RAM in the S7 and a Quad HD screen in the S6 and S7 as enough motivation to upgrade that, despite those somewhat minor improvements, many of those who intend to purchase the Samsung Galaxy S7, are not going to notice the change in the internals of the new phones. Especially, the young ladies who are going to be giving their bfs/baes/boos, intense pressure to buy them some for their birthdays, vals day, etc,


"In my opinion, unless the next generation of smartphones come with Projectors, Virtual Reality headsets, ability to Program Software on the phones, Night Vision Cameras, Metal Detector Scanning etc, I don't see why anyone should purchase a new phone every six months, which do not necessarily improve the end-user experience at all."

So, maybe, this post has been wrongly named. Perhaps, I should have titled it 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT BUY THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S7, AT LEAST IF YOU HAVE A WORKING SAMSUNG GALAXY S5.


Next, I will show you why buying a Samsung Galaxy S7 may be a completely useless venture. Oh trust me, you are going to love it. I will share my personal experience, which is a very painful one.

If you enjoyed the post, share for others to enjoy. Subscribe to the page via Google+ so that you can receive notifications immediately they come out.

Cyb3r.

2 comments:

  1. lol,

    Thanks Cyb3r. You know that I have this argument with my folks at the office each time a new device comes out and the ladies find it hard to make sense of all the stuff I say.

    Like you I don't see why I should pay so much for just a 1GHz upgrade in processor speed for so much within just a short time. I used my Samsung S2 for 4years till the motherboard gave up, and I wasn't going to change it if that hadn't happened. They said I was stingy!

    Now I got a LG G2, whose touchscreen got damaged over the weekend. I don't believe in replacing screens so I'm going to have to think of what to get next. You can trust that whatever choice I make will stay with me till the phone gives up on its own, not because a new product is being advertised.

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of suggestions of budget high end phones you may want to try next. They do not cost a fortune and they have similar specs to some of these flagship phones which you have to break your bank to purchase. After posting this article, interestingly, I had a chat with someone who had not yet read the article and the guy said that he is going to buy the S7 edge. So I asked why he would not buy the S6 edge, since it is far cheaper. He insisted that he wanted the S7 edge. So I probed further and asked him why. Guess what his answer was?


      "I don't know ooo."

      Lol.

      Delete